Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Robertson for Dental Crowns:
- Dr. Robertson has many years of experience in placing dental crowns for his patients
- Dr. Robertson’s office staff understands the importance of being professional and courteous to our patients
- Dr. Robertson’s fees are very reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in the Elgin, TX area
What You Should Know About Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a dental appliance that covers the entire surface of a damaged tooth. Dental crowns are a very effective means of saving a tooth that can’t be repaired with a filling or some other restoration. Dr. Robertson gives his patients the choice of different types of materials for their dental crowns, but one of the most popular is porcelain, since it looks very similar to a natural tooth.
Are You a Candidate for a Dental Crown?
If you have a tooth that can’t be repaired by some other means, Dr. Robertson may recommend a dental crown. Here are a few dental issues that can be remedied by a crown:
- A tooth that is broken
- An old filling that is deteriorating or fractured
- A tooth with decay that can’t be repaired with a filling
- A tooth that is unattractive and may be obvious in a person’s smile
- A tooth that has had a previous root canal
The Process Involved in Getting a New Dental Crown
The procedure involved in getting a new dental crown usually requires two trips to our Elgin, TX office. During the first visit, Dr. Robertson will prepare the existing tooth for the crown, have an impression made of the tooth, and provide a temporary crown that the patient can wear while the permanent crown is created.
During the second visit, Dr. Robertson will replace the temporary crown with the permanent dental crown. He’ll also check to make sure that the crown sits comfortably in the patient’s mouth and that his or her bite is normal.
Read more About Restorative Dentistry
Contact Our Elgin, TX Office Today
For more information about dental crowns, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Robertson, call our Elgin, TX office today at 512-281-4260.